There are several reasons why an IAQ assessment may be needed – including:
- Investigating possible sources for employee complaints
- Identify health and safety issues
- Monitor airborne particulates during construction or a renovation
- Identify the cause or source (of mold contamination
- Evaluation of ventilation systems
- Concerns of or monitoring of) allergens, airborne asbestos,
chemical contaminants, VOC’s, mVOC, bacteria, etc.
IAQ Diagnostics will use our team of professionals to work with
you to identify realistic and cost effective solutions to your IAQ
While some IAQ problems have complex causes, others can be prevented
by taking a few simple precautions:
- Schedule regular preventative maintenance for all heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning systems.
- Deal promptly with ceiling leaks, leaking plumbing, and other
- Require janitors or janitorial services to use non-toxic products
as much as possible.
- Maintain building humidity between 30% and 60% RH.
- Prohibit delivery trucks, especially diesel trucks, from idling
at delivery docks.
- Restrict smoking to designated smoking areas with their own ventilation
- Notify tenants before major renovations that may cause odors
or dust, such as painting, re-carpeting, and moving walls.
- Store and use all chemicals as specified by manufacturers’ instructions
and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- If portable humidifiers are used, add disinfectant or biocide
whenever water is changed.
- Investigate all complaints promptly.
-- Barr Engineering
Complaints are more likely to get worse than go away.